Snuffling for Rainbows


The Hydrodynamica Simster came into it's own at Saunton the other morning in 2-4, occasional 5ft messy, lumpy surf. Cruised along in the flat sections until the reforms, dived into the troughs, scooting, gliding fun with one particularly nice bottom turn/swoop & up to the closing out foam. Easy paddling and some fast times in between the inevitable kook-iness.

I'd like to iron out more of the flailing around and cocked-up pop-ups. I'm becoming a serial head-shaker. Like a bloody nodding dog trying desperately to make all my fans on the beach know that I expected to make that. That I'm disappointed in myself for missing that wave. I'm better than that, everyone, really... and I would certainly have expected not to fall off at that point. A highly unusual pop up to the knees, for example. Head-shake. Head-shake. For chrissake, what am I doing!? Bloody kook... Quit the head shaking for goodness sake.

I walked out of the water in total love with this board. I kept looking at it on the way back up the beach; a bit like when you've kissed someone for the first time and you keep kind of looking at them afterwards, glancing, to remind yourself that it really just happened.

Comments

Popular Posts