What is the Collective Noun for Surfers?
At Saunton yesterday there were a lot of surfers hunting a few little waves. I was wondering what the collective noun is for surfers? Because when it's a good day out, a friendly small group enjoying some good waves it feels nice: it feels like a pod of surfers. On Sunday it didn't feel so good: more like a swarm of surfers.
Here are some other suggestions:
- A vomit of surfers (on a messy day maybe)
- An acne of surfers (lots of kids out)
- A sparkle of surfers (beautiful evening surf or dawny, not too busy)
- A jetsam of surfers (tourists about)
- A shoal of surfers (lots of twin, quad or other fish variations in the water)
- A forest of surfers (there's some logging going on)
Any other suggestions welcome...