Essential Surfing Information No.1: Magic Seaweed Surf Report and Eyeball Surfcheck

My days are now punctuated by frequent visits to these two sites.

First thing in the morning a cup of tea wrestles for priority over a glance at Trev toes Lumley's Surf Report. Follow this link for the fantastic Eyeball Surfcheck site which - as well as Trev's succinct, yet poetic, daily wave reportage - has live footage of Woolacombe, Putsborough, Saunton and Westward Ho! beaches (so you can wave at your mates when you're lucky enough to be there).

Magic Seaweed, as well as a wealth of other things, has great live surf forecasts. I don't even know why (because at this stage in my surfing journey I only need about a foot of whitewater!) but I already keep looking at the blue bars and stars which indicate good surf - with a kind of Pavlovian response. They even offer up the code to embed in your site, and so:

Comments

Popular Posts